September 12, 2003

Its all in a name

Ok, I spend alot of time on the NYS Thruway for my job. I work for Excellus BlueCross BlueShield which is a culmination of BCBS of Rochester, CNY, and Utica/Watertown plus Univera Healthcare and some stuff headquartered in Rochester. I drive a '93 Olds with 130K miles on it [gone are the days of the Passat with the heated leather seats] with no CD player so I've relied on scanning the radio dial for anything worth listening to stay off the rumble strips. So in my Jodi Foster-like quest for a viable signal of some value in the Jazz or Contemporay Christian (CCM) formats I stumble across two nutbags from Bath, NY on this Family Life Network (fln.org). So I listen to their antics. They need serious medical help :-). However, the network is less of a radio station and more of a ministry. Listener supported. Good CCM tunes that uplift the Lord and edify the brethren. Ok, I'm sold. I'm sold when I'm on the road. If I'm anywhere east of B'ville (where I live), the signals (there are a number of translators) go dead. The good news is that there are efforts underway to establish more translators in Oswego, Syracuse, and Clay. Yeah.

Ok, so why am I blabbing about FLN. I'm not really sure. The had an interview with one of the guys from a group called Big Daddy Weave. Ok, any CCM group with the term "Big Daddy" in their name can't be all that bad. I doubt I'll make their concert with FFH and Warren Barfield next weekend, but I'm sure that I'll be pre-ordering their Fields of Grace disk RSN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home