September 12, 2003

I'm sorry for you loss, but...

Ok, today two notable figures in the world of entertainment died. Johnny Cash (a.k.a. The Man in Black) and John Ritter. From what I remember (which could be incorrect) from my childhood, Cash was a Christian but not before really going through some hard times with drugs and prison. And Ritter is just yet-another-hollywood figure who had a nifty show about raising teenage daughters (perhaps I should have tuned in!).

Anyhoo - I notice that the liberal morning press monkies (except for Fox, they are awesome) will lament the passing of these gentlemen by name and enumerate their respective careers in some detail. I am sorry for the respective families that have lost a husband/father/grandfather.

HOWEVER

What is more valuable in this country, the dopes in Hollywood or the grunts who are getting greased on a daily basis in our armed forces? Unfortunately, I think I know the answer in some peoples minds. Do we hear their names on the news? No! We loose 2-3 infantry and its reported like the NASDAQ "gave back" a few points and then we're on to the next useless story by the spineless leftist media. The war on terror goes on and we need to keep the face of war present on our citizens. It is very easy for us to insulate ourselves and our children from the danger our men and women in uniform face on a daily basis. BTW, these folks are all volunteers!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home