December 18, 2004

Insomnia

Ok, its 0206 on the east coast of the US while I write this. I went to bed a bit early tonight after getting the kids settled. My wife was doing some light shopping and then stopped at a friends house to chat for a while. When she got home at 0030 or something like that I woke up and we chatted for a bit. Not her fault.

I've finished two of the books that I mention in previous posts. Purpose Driven Life definitely deserves another read. Maybe I could host a study group with the book? I devoured Grace Awakening in a short amount of time because of the relevance of the content to my own life. I strongly recommend these two books to any Christian. If you are not a Christian, then I recommend Purpose Driven Life first as it contains an evangelical thread to it without beating one over the head!

My Moleskine obsession continues with much of my personal thoughts landing in a pocket grid edition of the overpriced notebooks. I have since purchased a Waterman Phileas which is probably a nice not-so-cheap fountain pen. I'm vexed from time to time that Waterman is/was a French company. I suppose that I'll just keep chanting "they helped us in the War for Independence". I stayed with the default Florida blue ink and it seems to work just find in the M books that I have (one for work, one for personal).

The most suprising thing happened while checking my blog entries - someone commented which implies that someone else actually reads these mental mutterings. Yikes - go watch a reality TV show for better content :-).

Speaking of which - I don't watch much TV at all these days with kids and reading that I (should) do. However, I do like watching the Apprentice. My boy Kelly crushed that snotty little Ivy League princess. West Point graduate with his jump wings and experience in Intelligence? C'mon Donald, how could you go wrong! Kelly was calm and collected unlike his opponent, whose name escapes me right now, that liked to go on a *itchy attack on her opponents rather than standing on her principles and FACT.

Well, the advantage tonight is that I can take another look at Daniel 10 before this morning's Bible study at CCS. The last time I attended we covered two verses while the last meeting only one verse was covered. I view this is a good thing. What better thing to discuss and debate about than scripture. I don't mean pissing matches over nonsense, either. I mean spirited discussion in the honest pursuit of the Truth!

Muuuusttt sleeeeeeep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home